Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tour Eiffel and City Highlights

This is the post for Sunday, 10/12.

Today we moved from the Hotel de Parc to the Hotel Londres - Eiffel.  The Hotel Londres is where the Rick Steves (RS) begins Sunday afternoon.

Before the official get together, we are going to go on a "Fat Tire Tour" of the Eiffel Tower.

We took a cab from one hotel to another.  We could have walked and Metro'd but it was much easier to just take a cab.  The Hotel Londres stored our bags and we left to take the tour.  We had a young man named Paul who did an excellent job of navigating the lines and getting us to the top of the tower.  Steve, Sharon and I made to the top but Bonnie chose not to leave the second floor.  It was a grey day with a few rain drops but not too bad at the top.

We had sandwiches on the rue Cler and then went back to the hotel to settle into our rooms.

3:00, the tour starts.  We meet our tour guide Elisabeth.  We had lots of housekeeping to do: metro cards, museum passes, choosing buddies and schedules changes (due to strikes).

We then took a walk thru the neighborhood which included lessons on how to ride the Metro.  We took an enclosed bus ride and then had dinner.











Our tour guide, Paul.





















Had a little rain in the afternoon.  Glad we were on a tour bus.







Dinner




Walking back to our hotel afterwards.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks Glenn and Sharon for your excellent pictures and commentary. You guys are seeing a lot more than I remember seeing when I visited London and Paris. Your blog is making me think that it's time for me to visit Europe again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing things I recognize. That shot with the birds on the building was great. I hope to see a picture of Elisabeth.

    ReplyDelete